Congratulations to the winners of our 25th Anniversary Christmas Quiz!Posted on Jan 10, 2022
Congratulations to the winners of our 25th Anniversary Christmas Quiz and well done to everyone who guessed all our quiz questions correctly!
Our 5 lucky winners are as follows and here’s what they said when we told them they were winners –
Nigel from Plymouth, “More good news from Penny Post!”
Jackie from Stoke-on-Trent, “Wow thank you very much, I very rarely win anything. The last thing I won was a colouring book and pencils!”
John from Chesterfield, “I’m delighted to win, all the best for 2022”
Reece from Wallingford, “Wow thank you.”
James from Redcar, the 5th lucky winner.
So how did you fare with our festive questions? Here are the answers!
- What does Noddy Holder shout out in Slade’s festive tune, Merry Xmas Everybody?
Answer: The Christmas number one of 1973, this classic Christmas song features Noddy Holder shouting ‘IT’S CHRISTMAS!‘ at the top of his lungs. And we’re delighted to report 100% of our quiz players got this right!
- What Anniversary is Penny Post celebrating this year (2021)?
Answer: 2021 saw Penny Post Credit Union celebrate its 25th Anniversary – find out more in our 25th Anniversary eBook here.
- What are you supposed to do when you find yourself under the mistletoe?
Answer: A kiss under the mistletoe is a classic Christmas tradition!
- How many reindeers does Santa have?
Answer: A question that caught 26% out, the correct answer is nine! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen, plus Rudolph, make up the team who pull Santa’s sleigh.
- What’s the name of the new Penny Post account which gives members the chance to win £5,000 every month?
Answer: Our Prizesaver is the new Penny Post account that gives you a chance to £5000 every month, with 70% of you getting this one correct! Have you opened a PrizeSaver Account yet? Find out more here.
- Who wrote the famous festive novel, A Christmas Carol?
Answer: It was Charles Dickins who created this traditional ‘bah humbug’ of a festive tale. We’re hoping the 2% who put J K Rowling as their answer were just pulling our Christmas stocking!
- What is traditionally hidden in a Christmas Pudding?
Answer: 95% of you got this tradition down to a sixpence with the correct answer being a Silver Sixpence. The notion of a lucky sixpence has long been a part of British tradition and is a symbol of good fortune.
- What national award did Penny Post win this year, voted for by our members?
Answer: Best Credit Union South! We didn’t win any awards for best Christmas decorations (not from lack of trying, mind you!) as suggested by some members, and with members scoring our new website 90 out of 100, the 10% who guessed ‘Best Website’ could have been correct too!
- How many gifts are there in total in The Twelve Days of Christmas song?
Answer: Another question that divided opinions with only 63% getting it right. In total there are 364 gifts in this classic Christmas song, but our question is what would you do with all those birds?
- How many points does a snowflake traditionally have?
Answer: We think some of you Googled this one (we had to!) 77% got the answer of six points correct.
- What family does Penny Post proudly serve?
Answer: Not the Royale family, but the Royal Mail Family, which 98% of you correctly answered!
- In what year did the first Home Alone film come out?
Answer: A Christmas must watch movie, the original Home Alone movie came out in 1990 and it wouldn’t quite be Christmas without a watch.
Thank you to everyone who took part in our 25th Anniversary Christmas Quiz, and congratulations again to our 5 luck winners! Be sure to look out for our next members’ competition for another chance to win!