Small Business Of The Year FinalistPosted on Oct 29, 2020
Great news! Penny Post is a finalist in the ‘Small Business of the Year’ category at the Black Country Chamber Business Awards 2020.
The award recognises and celebrates the contribution businesses have made to support their community and demonstrated resilience in the face of new pressures, demands or challenges as a result of the COVID-19 emergency.
“We’re thrilled to be nominated as a finalist, it’s a great achievement” said Penny Post CEO, Matt Goulding. “Thanks to teamwork, enthusiasm and sheer determination we have delivered uninterrupted services to members across the UK. Not one minute of opening time has been lost. From the many kind words, comments and messages of support from members, we know we have made a positive contribution to our community during these difficult times.”
Just some of the ways we have helped and entertained members during the last 8 months include –
- Put together a comprehensive guide detailing potential help and guidance, covering everything from mortgage payment holidays, help with household bills to ‘pausing’ Sky Sports packages.
- One member stuck in Asia and had a loan issued in just 1 hour 40 minutes to help cover medical and other expenses until he was able to return home.
- Asked members to nominate & celebrate their ‘Good Eggs’ – those going above and beyond to help others during these extraordinary times. Every entry was so special.
- Created an online ‘Help Centre’ with easy to follow ‘How to Guides’ to help members make the most of online services.
- Helped a member with a loan for living expenses and flights for a friend stuck in Romania with a small child, having gone to visit family.
- Case by case help for members whose income was unfortunately negatively affected due to the pandemic.
- Tips and advice on avoiding online scams, avoiding new overdraft charges, upgrading the car, holidaying abroad and the new Green Homes Grant.
- As lockdown eased, many members took advantage of our stay-at-home loans to help with home improvements, garden projects and even a new kitchen!
- Celebrated members’ Lockdown Projects and shared many amazing achievements from our creative and talented members.
- Sharing stories of posties across the country doing their rounds in fancy dress and taking part in the Thumbs Up For Posties campaign on social media. Our new ‘Thursday Teaser’, a weekly brainteaser on our Facebook page, has proved popular with members too!
- Young Savers Month with fun Activity Packs to keep our younger members entertained!
- ‘Roadshow-in-a-Box’ containing information packs, welcome vouchers and freebies sent to locations across the country to help more new members.
The Awards final is taking place on Friday 13th November from 3.45-5pm. This will be an exciting, high-energy digital event that will be live-streamed from the Black Country Living Museum to all online viewers around to the world. If you would like to attend the event, please register here in order to receive the digital login details a few days before the event.