Customer Service Apprentice VacancyPosted on Oct 04, 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to join our Customer Service Team.
Runner up and highly commended at the Regional Apprenticeship Awards for the 2nd year running, Penny Post is proud to develop and invest in young talent. Working as part of a young friendly team, full customer service training will include supporting customers by telephone and email, using bespoke IT software and all aspects of business operations.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Answering customer enquiries by telephone and email in a friendly, professional manner
- Processing transactions accurately and efficiently
- Joining members and confirming electronic ID verification
- Maintain customer records on bespoke IT system
- Using the latest technologies to communicate with members
- Manual and electronic filing
- Delivering excellent customer service at all times
Desired skills –
- ICT competency is a must, particularly in the use of Microsoft programs
- Effective communicator by telephone, letter and email
- Manages time appropriately, plans and organises
- Personal qualities
- Friendly and personable
- Articulate in thoughts and ideas
- Professional demeanour in all situations
- Diplomatic in communications
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Works well under pressure and is able to multi-task and prioritise
- Demonstrates initiative
- Is pro-active and accountable
- Demonstrates an excellent work ethic
- Willingness to actively participate in training and development activities
- Works as a member of a team, maintaining a close relationship with other colleagues and service users
Desired qualifications -Grade A*-C (9-4) or equivalents in Maths, English and preferably an ICT qualification.
Future prospects – A full-time permanent role will be offered to the right candidate with potential progression, if both the company and apprentice agree. All our former Apprentices are in full-time roles with Penny Post, with Jas & Hannah now part of our Leadership Team.
Things to consider – The candidate will attend In-Comm for a one week induction, followed by one day a month training sessions as part of the 20% off the job training. An assessor will also visit the candidate once a month for a period of twelve months in order to deliver the qualification to the candidate at the company.
For more information and to apply, click here.
Closing date for applications is 26th October 2021.