Join our TeamPosted on Jun 06, 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Officer to join the Penny Post Group Team.
Penny Post is a financial co-operative, regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. By helping members save regularly, and borrow when they need to, straight from their pay, Penny Post helps members improve financial resilience.
In February 2022, Voyager Alliance Credit Union and Retail CU joined the Penny Post Group. Now serving members across Royal Mail Group, passenger transport, the retail sector, the DWP and trade unions, and with a combined membership of 19,500 members, accumulated savings of £47.6 million and a loan book of approximately £21.4 million, the Penny Post Group is amongst the largest credit unions in the UK.
Having built very strong foundations, Penny Post has ambitious growth plans and is committed to investment in its Team and Technology to benefit all members. With a bright future ahead, it’s an exciting time to join the Penny Post Group.
Responsible for driving business growth by building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing payroll partners, the Business Development Officer will be a key part of the Team and will work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer to deliver the Marketing Strategy to a high standard.
The role is home based with travelling to and working from payroll partner offices and depots throughout the UK, plus occasional visits to the Penny Post Group offices in Wolverhampton and Manchester. A number of overnight stays may apply.
You will need:
- Skills and knowledge in business development, relationship or account management, or a similar role.
- The ability to build and maintain strong client and business relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively in writing, by ‘phone and face-to-face.
- Good conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- To work independently and as part of a team, to set priorities, to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software.
While it’s not essential, it would help if you:
- Understand the role of credit unions and empathise with their values.
- Have some understanding and appreciation of financial services, social enterprise or community work.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade C or above, including English
- Ideally a degree in management, marketing, business or a similar field, or at least 3 years in a similar role
- Excellent attention to detail, with exceptional time, planning and management skills
- The desire to provide outstanding services to members
- A willingness to learn
- Holding a full UK driving licence with less than 7 penalty points and prepared to use their private vehicle for essential business travel and claim back mileage.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Employer contribution to pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Cover (3 times salary)
- Salary £30,000 – £35,000 dependent on knowledge, skills & aptitude
Please see Job Description here for further details.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, explaining why you are interested in the position and how you feel your knowledge, skills and experience meet the requirements of the role, to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 4th July 2022.